Monday, August 3, 2009

Virginia Apples


Johhny Apple Seed Statue at Johnson's Apple Orchard

"Virginia Apple" now on Ebay


mmmm..homemade blueberry jam and mischief!... sneek peek!



With Autumn just round the corner here in Virginia, I get excited for apple season and of course the turning of the leaves with breath taking views along the Blue Ridge Parkway .Every year we make a little family day trip and go out to the Peaks of Otter Winery and Johnson's Apple Orchard to pick our own apples straight from the trees . I always feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and can't help but to imagine the trees coming to life and pulling on my hair in objection to me picking their fruit ;)


I come home with another year of fun summer memories with my husband and daughter and wonderful home made cider and fruit preserves , apple butters ,chow chow and of course divine local wine.
The past week I have been working on about 5 dolls .Three so far have come to life and two are creations from the country summer feel I still have in mind from my recent trip or just taking in the local southern atmosphere. Oh, but yet they are never short of added wicked little twists and stories of wrong doing.
I am working on Halloween and Fall dolls out of the five but the first two I mentioned that were done will appear on eBay this week, actually one already listed I call VIRGINIA APPLE, the other by Wednesday .No name yet for that one but I will give you a sneek peek... something about prize winning blueberry jam and a secret added ingredient.. he-he!

2 comments:

Iva Wilcox said...

How wonderful to be in the country surrounded by all those apples and beautiful changing leaves! Your latest dolls are the apple of my eye! I can't wait to learn of their mischievous side! And thank you for the fun giveaway doll!! I can't believe I won. I love seeing your talent in person! Take care.
~ Iva

Harley Dee said...

Autumn is my favorite! :) I wanted to let you know that I am hosting a Halloween swap on my blog. I thought you might want to check it out :)