Friday, May 22, 2009

My Little Work Station



In an extra bedroom upstairs that used to be the nursery I have my soap studio and my little corner desk where I sit and make my dolls and craft projects . Now the Soap biz takes up most of the space on the other side of the room which is not fit for pictures at the moment...may be next month... um year(lol) but here are just a few pics I took of my area when it is at a semi-tidy state that I thought would be nice to share with you. By the way ,the drawers to my desk shall remain closed and unseen for the tour as that is not for the faint of heart... he-he!



I would love to be more organized and neat and live by the the whole"A place for everything and everything in it's place " but if your an artist you know that kinda goes out the door darlin ! You see I was born without the ability to put lids back on things and tighten them ,or clean as I go ...tsk tsk ....a sad thing to be diagnosed with really but when your on a creative roll you get tunnel vision until it's complete and nothing else matters,especially lids! I hope there are others out there who can relate.

I suppose eventually though I will have enough time to organize lace and fabric and fill jars, label them of their contents and tighten all the lids to every thing and paint the room any other color but the lavender baby color it is ... but for now this will do . It sometimes gets to me when I think about the mess and disarray of my area , how I tossle and search through drawers and boxes to find things, lose my scissors among papers and fabric and not to mention how many needles I have lost ...and found...ouch!

But I have to tell myself in words like that of dearest Scarlett... "I can't think about this now! I'll go crazy if I do! I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day!"


...and after all it's my space, as long as I find comfort, creativity and inspiration in my little corner of the room that s' all I need and that's good enough for me . :)

~Nina~

2 comments:

Iva Wilcox said...

Yes, Nina a kindred spirit you are indeed!! For I suffer from the same affliction!! Stuff in my studio is everywhere! Your creative space is so tidy...a wonderful place to make art. Hope your weekend is lovely...Iva

Brandi McKenna said...

Love your work space, blog, and art! Your style rocks....