Monday, April 28, 2008

Ghost of Pearl Ornament

"The ghost of Pearl is often seen, in the old haunted mansion on Halloween! "




Ok, so another creation came out of Spring cleaning ! I took out my old linens and doilies that I have collected over the years , some from my grandmother who made so many of them for me and others from estate sales , and antique shops in Texas and Virginia. One particular piece caught my eye and the vision of an attic ghost came to mind. Later that night I sat down and began to work and make a ghost, but had no idea what to call it when I was done. Then as I started to add pearl accents to her robes, my daughter came into the room and said "Mama, she is pretty, she has a lot of pearls on her! " and so with that I named her "The Ghost of Pearl" .
Thanks to my little sweetie I think the name suits her just fine:)

No comments: