Sunday, August 8, 2010

Practical Magic and home decor












This weekend I watched for the 100th time one of the most enchanting old movies in my collection .Many may be familiar with the 1998 movie "Practical Magic" starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman . It is one of my all time favorite movies to watch over and over besides" The Color Purple ". Well if you have seen this movie then you know how I feel when I say I WANT THAT HOUSE!!! Oh to just step into the TV and spend a day with the Owens women would be just magical ...minus the dead boyfriend who comes back of course(lol).For those who have not seen the movie, well get on your brooms and fly out and get rent it you will not be disappointed. I guarantee you to will be wanting to change your home decor and live more magical life because it will inspire you so ... I know it has for me ! I did change my kitchen to a cream, sage and white color scheme with greenery and herbs as the motifs. Oh and the shop that Sally runs ...Oh my goodness ! To a bath and body, perfume maker it is an absolute apothecary dream I am envious and would looove to own a little shop like that !
Who wouldn't loved to have aunts like those who have no problem eating chocolate cake for breakfast , make Midnight Margaritas and who saw spell casting as a fun past time, not to mention jumping of the roof and flying down on Halloween ! One day I tells ya , one day I shall live enchanted this way (ok maybe the roof jumping may not be good idea if i really can't fly ) an old lady with her herbs, a secret garden in a lovely house by the sea selling her apothecary creation to the town folks of a sleepy little town ,ahhhhh ...to dream , sounds lovely don't you think ? :)

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

This is one of my favorite movies! I could watch it every day and never tire of it :)

Unknown said...

Practical Magic is one of my favorite movies too. I would love to live in that beautiful house. I found this wonderful site called Practical Magic Amas Veritas. Go and check it out. It has anything and everything Practical Magic and shows pics of the whole house and it's rooms too. The site is
http://www.amasveritas.com/film/index.html