Monday, July 26, 2010

Sneak peek at the new Studio and Halloween Inspirations






It was a busy weekend indeed as I started on a new project of relocating my doll and apothecary studio down stairs to the den . This way I can be closer to the family when working and Tristan can have a bigger room . My how baby things do seem to clutter the house fast . Just a Sneak Peek At the Progress, alsmot done , I will say "complete"in a few more days as I still need to fold and coordinate my fabric. Jeez , it is amazing how a crafter can accumulate so many baubles and beads and fabric and ribbon , now I know why my grandma's closet in her room was so stuffed with yarns and fabric. It is hard to let go of anything in fear you may use it one day to create and yet one still keeps buying more because "ooooh that would mke something pretty " :)

So needless to say have some things I never use and thought I might place them in a package and do a give away . I am sure another artists creativeness can put all of it to good use:)

I woke up Friday and was soooo into the Halloween Spirit it wanted to take my pumpkins out already so I took out some white ceramic glazed pumpkins I have and placed them in the kitchen .... this made me feel much better. You know I feel Fall around the corner though it is blazing hot outside....go figure, does any one else feel the same ? So while in the Halloween mode I woke up at 3:00 am on Saturday while baby, Tori and Shawn were still asleep and began to finish up some dolls that I had the bodies laying around for a while. I made a Halloween Masqueradeade doll , a Mandrake Witch and a Vintage Halloween Folk Art doll stand. Two Dolls I listed on Ebay Sunday and my Vintage Folk Art Doll I will list some time this morning , I just ran out of time ! I was so excited with the doll stand as this was my first time creating something with a vintage touch to it ...it think she came out quite lovely . In fact I am making more of this style because I just can't get enough of that cute face!

Well ,off I go to get ready for work, just thought I would fly by and post the happenings around here . I will have more pics of the studio as I complete it so ya'll come back !:)

No comments: