Sunday, May 30, 2010

Meet The New Addition!
















On May 19th 2010 at approximately 5:17 am "Tristan Nicholas Alberto Terry" came into this world two weeks early, weighing 7 pounds 7 ounces ,19 inches long. He was born within an hour of my contractions starting and boy let me tell you there was no time for an epidural or meds of any kind. It was a hard yet surprisingly fast labor but with that came a few little problems that made us have to wait to bring out little bundle of joy home until Sunday the 23rd :(

At first it was the a fast breathing rate that made them concerned to where they had to tube feed him for a day or so until it regulated . Then on the second day he developed Jaundice which he had to under go treatment of being placed under Bili-lights ...sorta like tanning bed for a few more days. On Sunday the 23rd when the doctor signed the release forms I was so relieved that finally we could go home and start adjusting to life at home with a new one.. and oh what and adjustment it has been when you have to start over again taking care of a newborn . It's like being a first time mom again because Tori is 8 now and all that I remember of newborns and babies in general has flown out the door.. I guess it was replaced by perfumes and doll making ha-ha!

But instincts kicked in and I did find my groove after week so I am getting back into the swing of things ,thank goodness! Tori is adjusting well and is quit the helper ,though I can't help but notice she is a bit disappointed that the baby is not as much fun as she thought .. I think she expected that he would come out ready to play instead of eat, sleep and poop! The proud daddy .. what can I say he is just the best . He is there for me when I, Tori or the baby needs anything , he is my right hand and keeps me in check with reminding me about little things when my mind goes to mush from lack of sleep... thank goodness for my hubby my hero to the rescue :)

I am preparing for my mom , my aunt and uncle and two nieces to come for a visit this weekend and I am so excited and looking forward to it so very much ...I am just over the moon about it! It is though a visit of happy and sad emotions as Mom and Dad had planned earlier this year to come up here together and see the baby when born. Although Dad did not make it to see his new grandson in person I know he will be here in spirit and a little part of him will always be with Tristan as we gave him a second middle name of "Alberto" to honor him. I know Dad would have loved that .

Well, here are a few pics I took in the hospital and at home of my baby boy that I thought I would share with you . I will eventually get back to my normal doll blogging soon and in fact had a gypsy cat doll I finished the day before I went into labor that I plan on listing on Tuesday so do look for that soon ....so until next time !

~Nina.

4 comments:

Iva Wilcox said...

Congratulations Nina!! How sweet and enchanting to have a newborn again! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your little one! Rest up...there will be plenty of time for everything.
~ Iva

magikalseasons said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful! :)

Annie Kate said...

Sorry I'm late with the congrats. Wow, he is BEAUTIFUL! Many blessings to you and your family.

faerydustpixy said...

What a sweetie! You make beautiful children!